brand new 9,000 sq. foot house in Shawkemo with
panoramic views of the harbor. 7 bedrooms,
9 1/2 baths. Every amenity imaginable including
outdoor pool and hot tub.
As you enter, you will
notice two large Federal windows flanking the
entry closets and two more in the kitchen/pantry.
The curved stairs span four floors, as does the
elevator. Wood ceilings can be found throughout
the first and second floors.
The dining room cabinets and pantry are well-stocked with china, plates and barware,
including Mikasa dinnerware and Waterford Cunard
stemware. The kitchen and most of the rooms
have harbor views.
You can lie in bed at night and watch the twinkling
lights of town. In the morning, you can see
a steamer leaving through the Jetties. There
is a pond with its own wildlife activities.
Another feature of the house is that it is in
a remote, private setting, yet close to town
and reachable on paved roads.
There are family mementos in almost every room.
The library has a collection of hundreds of books
dating from the 1920's, including a separate
section of books for young readers.
The wing containing the first floor Gazebo guestroom, bar area and library, which
has its own small screened porch, can be
closed off as a separate section. The Computer
Room has a PC and multi-function printer/scanner/fax.
In the Master Bedroom there are antiques. His
and her bathroom floors are heated.
The screened porch is connected along the rear of the house to the Yacht Room
and the Master Bedroom. The ceiling in the Yacht
Room is an exact replica of the Nantucket
Yacht Club's Governors' Room.
• Front hall has 4 closets
• Large, framed vintage black & white
photographs of Nantucket from the 1970's.
• Elevator on left connects with all four
• Kitchen appliances: Sub Zero fridge and
wine cooler (in pantry) plus Thermador range—dual
fuel, Bosch dishwasher.
• Dining room table can seat 12 comfortably
and 14 in a pinch.
• Living room has a gas log fireplace.
• First floor Gazebo guest room plus library
with sleep sofa can all be shut off for a private
• Microwave and bar fridge in the separate
• Computer room is at the foot of the back
• Two laundry centers. Other one is on lower
• Stair treads will have small quarterboards
with the names of 15 of the island's beaches.
• Stairs up and down have sisal-look carpeting,
continuing up to sun deck.
• Yacht room has a full kitchen (same appliance
brands as main kitchen).
• Separate dining and lounging areas.
• Fireplace with gas logs and large TV above.
• Master bedroom is fully carpeted. Corner
TV and DVD.
• Antique bureau, desk, Windsor chairs,
• Closets have built-ins.
• Games area under the large dormer over
front entrance has a table for puzzles and games.
• Sconset bedroom, next to games area, has
blue and cream designer wallpaper.
• Cottage bedroom has a woodsy ferns motif.
Views of the harbor even from the bathroom.
• All bedrooms have televisions except for
the children's room.
• 400 sq. ft. screened porch can be used
for dining as well as lounging.
• Carpeted stairs continue up. Microwave
and bar fridge here.
• Sun deck is 40' long and offers
• Billiards room has a prep kitchen at one
• Exercise room has three machines.
• Movie theater has a projector, an 8' wide
screen, and lounge seating.
• Sea Shell guest room has twin beds and
harbor views. All bedrooms on this level have
• Children's bedroom (bath across
the hall with separate WC) has two sets of bunk
• Grandparent's room has antique 4
poster beds and comfortable rocking chair.
• Patio under the 1st floor deck with table
and chairs plus a swing bench.
• Custom gunnite swimming pool, 45' x
20', with separate Jacuzzi.
• Barbecue grill—gas fired.
• 4 hole putting green off screened porch
end of the house.
• Outdoor shower.
• Large central lawn for croquet, etc.
• Long driveway with white seashells.
• Croquet items, golf
clubs and beach umbrellas
lighthouse newel post at the top of
the back stairs, opposite a “Nautical” powder
• Temperature controls
throughout the house.
CD players: one in the Yacht Room and
one in the Computer Room.
• MAY 16 - 20
Nantucket Wine Festival
• MAY 26 - 28
Annual Figawi Race Weekend
• JUNE 13 - 17
Nantucket Film Festival